KOREA: Seoul Racecourse – Saturday June 8, 2019
Race 1: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
Quite an open maiden to begin with. (5) CHEONHA YEOJE gets the verdict on the back of an improved 2nd place in a fast time on a wet track at this distance on April 27th. She led for most of the way round that day, is well drawn to lead again and this time may not be caught. Four of these raced each other at this distance on May 12th. (6) P.K. GUNHWANG finished the best of them in 5th and can build on that here although (2) BAEKSAEK GWANGCHAE and (9) CHOEGANG MAGIC were within a couple of lengths and should be in the frame here. (1) WONDERFUL PANGPANG was a little further back in that race but has hinted at ability and the jockey booking and the better draw, will tempt some.
|Selections||(5) Cheonha Yeoje (2) Baeksaek Gwangchae (1) Wonderful Pangpang (6) P.K.Gunhwang|
|Next Best||9, 4|
|Fast Start||1, 5|
Race 2: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
Small field but competitive. (5) ROYAL SMARTY has improved across four starts so far culminating in 2nd place over 1300M last start, having come from well off the pace from the widest gate. Expect him to be ridden closer forward from the start today and he can go one better. (2) BLUE DAEJAYEON did nothing wrong when 5th on debut a month ago and can build on it today while (7) CHEONNYEONUI GODO and (8) VIRTUS have both hinted at ability and may improve here. There is one debut-maker and (6) RED SUN looked sharp in a late-May trial and could go well first-up. Watch how he goes in the market.
|Selections||(5) Royal Smarty (6) Red Sun (2) Blue Daejayeon (8) Virtus|
|Fast Start||5, 6, 8|
Race 3: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(4) SA SA has been knocking at the door in her latest three not missing out by much in similar company to today. She should be on pace from the start here and looks the one to beat. (6) DAECHEON VOW warrants respect having won at class and distance on May 11th, making all. She carries an additional 4kg today but should be right in the mix once more. (5) DRAGON BOAT was 3rd in that same race and can shouldn’t be too far away again. (3) SPEED BELLE should be better dropped back in trip today while (11) HAE WANG’s recent form is promising and he could run into some minor money.
|Selections||(4) Sa Sa (6) Daecheon Vow (5) Dragon Boat (3) Speed Belle|
|Next Best||11, 8|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 6, 10|
Race 4: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(5) COLORFUL JOY is up in class after a six-length win over 1300M on May 12th. The stable is in great form at the moment and the colt is well-drawn to lead again and can back up with another win. (3) HUIMANG STAR remains a maiden but beat a couple of these on her way to 3rd place at class and distance four weeks ago and should beat plenty again. It’s a similar story for (4) SEUNGRI PLUS, winless after seventeen attempts, but a proven money winner in this type of company. (1) SPEED HEUKRYONG and (6) CHOWON MARU are others who should be in at least the placing hunt.
|Selections||(5) Colorful Joy (3) Huimang Star (4) Seungri Plus (1) Speed Heukryong|
|Next Best||6, 9|
|Fast Start||5, 6, 8, 11|
Race 5: Class 4 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(12) THE SPIKER has never finished worse than 4th in six outings so far and ran 2nd last time over 1300M. He’s down slightly in trip here and today should be his day. (10) GANGHWA CHONGGAK has a 2nd and a 3rd in two attempts at this level and is the principal danger. He’ll be on speed early and may be tough for the favourite to overhaul. (5) SEUNGNI GIEOK hinted at a return to form when 4th last start and can build on that here while (2) LIAM’S MOONEY and (6) DREAM YEONGCHEON are others to take into consideration.
|Selections||(12) The Spiker (10) Ganghwa Chonggak (5) Seungni Gieok (2) Liam’s Mooney|
|Next Best||6, 4|
|Fast Start||3, 6, 7, 10|
Race 6: Class 4 (1700M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(3) GEUMA WHOLESOME ran 2nd over 1800M on his first try around two-turns having scored his maiden win at 1300M the previous start. He carries plenty of weight, but it’s no more than last time, and he can win again. (6) CHONGAL GACHI was a five-length winner over this distance at class 5 level in April before running 3rd at this class a month ago. He’ll look to lead from the gate and if he gets in front, won’t be easy to dispose of. (10) MY SISTER NINA was a somewhat unexpected winner over 1700M last time out and while this looks tougher, shouldn’t be ignored. (7) FIGHT TODAY was 3rd behind Geuma Wholesome on debut and gets sent up in trip today with plenty of potential and a nice light weight on his back. (9) SUN START is best of the rest.
|Selections||(3) Geuma Wholesome (6) Chongal Gachi (10) My Sister Nina (7) Fight Today|
|Next Best||9, 4|
|Fast Start||3, 5, 6, 10|
Race 7: Class 4 (1700M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(3) DELTA BROTHER found himself overmatched in the Korean Derby last month but prior to that was a good winner at this distance and back in more amenable company and with a light weight, he could return to the winner’s circle today. (5) RAYMOND is up in class following a good win at this distance in April and looks well in here to go close again. (8) CLEAN FLOWER is a proven money winner at this level and is likely to be ridden forward early today, the same way he was when a class and distance 3rd in March. (1) LIVINGSTONE and (4) HAPPIEST are others more than capable of finishing in the money in this company.
|Selections||(3) Delta Brother (5) Raymond (8) Clean Flower (1) Livingstone|
|Next Best||4, 6|
|Fast Start||3, 6, 8|
Race 8: Class 4 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(1) VICAR BRACING came from off the pace to win well over this distance on April 28th. He’s up in class today but from the inside gate can look to do similar again. He certainly has potential for more wins. So too does (7) UDAERYUNG, winner on a wet track in a fast time last start and also up in class today. Like Vicar Bracing, he’ll be expected to be ridden patiently. That’s’ true as well for (8) MAGPIE, a late scratching from a scheduled run in April but a winner of back to back races prior to that. (4) MONE FLYING is one race into a comeback following five-months off and can improve today while (9) KAILLUM YEOJE is up in class after two solid wins at the distance and a third can’t be completely ruled out.
|Selections||(1) Vicar Bracing (7) Udaeryung (8) Magpie (9) Kaillum Yeoje|
|Next Best||4, 5|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 5, 10|
Race 9: Class 3 (1700M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(5) DONGBANGUI GIEOK has a severe case of second-itis, having finished as runner-up in five of his eleven races to date. He was beaten only half a length by the very good The King on his latest outing three weeks ago and today could be the day he finally makes his breakthrough. If he does fall short once more then (2) BURUI GORI could be the one to take take advantage. He returns more than three months after a very good win 1800M and while he carries plenty of weight today, he can overcome it. (1) JUNGDONG JIJON was a touch disappointing last time out but can be given another chance today, while (4) STRONG RUNNER looks best of the rest.
|Selections||(5) Dongbangui Gieok (2) Burui Gori (1) Jungdong Jijon (4) Strong Runner|
|Next Best||7, 3|
|Fast Start||6, 7|
Race 10: Class 2 (1400M) Allowance / KRW 90 Million
A winner of five from ten so far, (2) SUPER SOCKS weakened for 5th when tried over 1900M on May 12th. He’s back in trip today and also carries less weight and looks the one to beat. (4) SAMSEONG DONGHANG is up in class following a couple of near-misses and should be competitive at this level while (9) MUNHAK JOY is another who may benefit from being dropped back in distance today. (1) BULMYEORUI JEWANG and (10) HWA GI are others to take into consideration
|Selections||(2) Super Socks (9) Munhak Joy (4) Samseong Donghang (10) Hwa Gi|
|Next Best||1, 6|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 8, 10|