KOREA: Busan Racecourse – Friday September 27, 2019
Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(7) BANJIUI JEONSEOL was sent off an odds-on favourite on debut at the end of August only to be beaten six-lengths into 2nd by a good winner. He should have come on for the run and is favoured to get it right this time. (10) BARAMUI YEOSIN ran an improved 3rd on what was her fourth start on September 1st. She was a long way behind an excellent winner but looks to be on the improve and can maintain her momentum here. (1) SANBANG ANY DAY was a further three-lengths back in 4th place that day and can aim to at least match that here. (9) YEONGSEONG HOPE debuted all the way back last November and hasn’t been seen since. He won a trial on the last day of August and can go well first-up.
|Selections||(7) Banjiui Jeonseol (10) Baramui Yeosin (9) Yeongseong Hope (1) Sanbang Any Day|
|Next Best||2, 12|
|Fast Start||1, 5, 7|
Race 2: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
(5) AMORIS is the most experienced runner in the race and while that’s not always a good thing in a maiden, her recent form has looked promising with a 2nd and a 3rd from her latest two. She’ll be on pace and could go all the way in this filly-only affair. (8) YEONGGWANGUI TIME ran 3rd behind Amoris last start and has shown steady improvement over her three outings so far. (4) NANSAN YEOJE has been a little inconsistent but ran well for 2nd on her most recent appearance and will challenge Amoris for the early speed. Solitary debut-maker (2) CHOEGANG TOUCH was a good trial winner and should be in the mix first-up. (6) THUNDER VEGAS looks best of the rest.
|Selections||(5) Amoris (8) Yeonggwangui Time (4) Nansan Yeoje (2) Choegang Touch|
|Next Best||6, 1|
|Fast Start||4, 5, 6, 8|
Race 3: Class 6 (1600M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
Five of these raced each other over this distance on August 30th. It was (11) BICHUI HOWI who came out on top among them that day, finishing 2nd, four-lengths behind the winner. His primary rivals here are likely to be the same horses he faced that day and he could well beat them again. Of the others who ran in that race, (1) THUNDER BAY and (9) SUN MOUNTAIN, who came home 3rd and 4th respectively, have the best chance of overturning that form. Both will come from off the pace and finish strongly. (8) BAEDARI CAPER, 5th in that race could also improve here. Among those who didn’t take part that day, (2) SIMON DREAM, 4th on his first try at this distance last start, looks to be the best.
|Selections||(11) Bichui Howi (1) Thunder Bay (9) Sun Mountain (2) Simon Dream|
|Next Best||8, 12|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 4|
Race 4: Class 5 (1600M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
Good little race this. (4) CHEONNYEONUI ULRIM was a winner at class and distance on September 1st, his first try at this class and his maiden win after back to back runner-up finishes. He raced prominently that day and a repeat is possible. He does though carry an additional 3.5kg though which may let in (5) RAON TOWN. He was much more fancied when 4th in the same race and could very well overturn the form today. The one they’ll both have to beat though is (2) HWARANGUICHAMPION. He split the pair of them in 3rd last time out – his first try at this distance. He can come from just behind the early speed an be too strong. Both (3) TWO TWO HAMMER and (12) THE FACT have placing chances but there should be a word too for (8) GARAK GONGWON who races for the 100th time here. He comes in having run 4th in starts 98 and 99 and could slide into some minor money once more.
|Selections||(2) Hwaranguichampion (5) Raon Town (4) Cheonnyeonui Ulrim (3) Two Two Hammer|
|Next Best||12, 8, 1|
|Fast Start||3, 4|
Race 5: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(12) TOP FIRE has a 3rd and a 2nd from two starts so far. He’s run through the line well both times and the slight step up in trip may be enough to see him home on top this time. After running 2nd on debut, (2) AMOR FATI has finished a beaten favourite in both subsequent starts. He’s drawn well again and with a fast start he’ll be a serious contender. (8) PARTY LION improved for a three-month layoff early this summer and comes in having run 3rd in both her starts since returning. She’ll be on pace early and can make a place again. (1) HUSE JEWANG and (5) MYEONGGA DAERO best of the rest.
|Selections||(2) Amor Fati (12) Top Fire (8) Party Lion (1) Huse Jewang|
|Next Best||5, 3|
|Fast Start||2, 8, 11, 12|
Race 6: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(1) DONGTEUJA DAY is up in class after a win on his second start on September 1st. Both her times have been quick, but both were at 1000M so he’s up in trip as well. Nevertheless, from the inside gate, he should be on pace and will take some beating. If he does come up short, then (9) MS. UP looks best placed to take advantage. She’s up in class following her maiden win last start and while it wasn’t as eye-catching as that of Dongteuja Day, it was at this distance and she looks to have scope for more development. (2) DAMYANG CHOEGANG remains a maiden after twelve attempts but ran a close 3rd in a similar race to this at the beginning of the month and can aim for the places again here. (3) DARK TEMPLAR and (10) BONINARA others who could go for the minor money.
|Selections||(1) Dongteuja Day (9) Ms. Up (2) Damyang Choegang (10) Boninara|
|Next Best||3, 11|
|Fast Start||1, 6, 9|
Race 7: Class 4 (1600M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
Competitive field here with (4) TEXAS SIDAE the slight pick. He comes in having run 2nd in both his latest two appearances, both times at class and distance and both times beaten by useful animals. Lim Sung-sil takes the mount today and he can come from off the pace to win. Another who is making a habit of running 2nd is (8) WONDERFUL MORNING. He’s finished runner-up in each of his last three, only narrowly beaten on all three occasions. That puts him up in class here and he can be competitive again. (2) EAST WIND beat a couple of these on his way to 3rd. He’s already a class and distance winner and will be on pace here. (6) POWER AMAZING and (7) BARAMUI YAKSOK are others in at least the placing frame.
|Selections||(4) Texas Sidae (8) Wonderful Morning (2) East Wind (7) Baramui Yaksok|
|Next Best||6, 9|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 6|
Race 8: Class 4 (1800M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(3) DOCTOR WEEK comes in off the back of consecutive victories, the most recent of which was a really good score at class and distance on August 23rd when he made all. He does have to carry an additional 4kg today, but he should overcome it. (8) GIPPEUM DAY was a very nice winner over this distance on August 25th. He’s up in class but looks nicely in for another could run today. (1) DAEHEUNG SIDAE won back to back races in June and July to be rapidly promoted to this level. He more than held his own on his first try at this class on August 30th, beating a couple of these on his way to a very creditable 4th. Those were all at a mile and he steps up to 1800M. (10) INDIAN GANGJA and (11) GANGHAN JILJU are others who should be in the hunt for places.
|Selections||(3) Doctor Week (8) Gippeum Day (1) Daeheung Sidae (10) Indian Gangja|
|Next Best||11, 4|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 3|
Race 9: Class 3 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
Tricky one. (10) TONGIL HANGUK returned from five months off to register a five-length win at class and distance on August 30th. His reward is an additional 4kg on his back today and another wide draw, but he has a real chance of a repeat. Main danger is (2) YEONGCHEON HERO. He edged out (7) THUNDER RAIN as the pair came home 1st and 2nd with just a head between them at class and distance a month ago. Yeongcheon Hero and Thunder Rain are both likely to aim to lead from the gate and while Yeongcheon Hero is the more favoured of the two, both should be competitive again. (3) CHEONNYEONUITAEYANG enters with recent form looking encouraging and he can aim for a place along with (5) GABO DAY who is one start into a comeback after having three months off after the Korean Derby and will surely improve here.
|Selections||(10) Tongil Hanguk (2) Yeongcheon Hero (7) Thunder Rain (5) Gabo Day|
|Next Best||3, 6|
|Fast Start||2, 5, 7, 10|
Race 10: Class 3 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(7) SSONSAL is a talented colt and while this is a distance that he is yet to win at, he ran a good 2nd last start which he should have come on from, and he looks hard to beat here. Should he come up short then (1) YEONGGWANGUIFORCE was 5th, a full seven-lengths behind Ssonsal last time and while that means he has an awful lot to find, he is still probably the next-best, although (12) YEONGSEONGFIGHTING is up in class following three wins from six outings and can be taken seriously. The rest would appear to be competing for the places and (4) ULTRA POWER and (8) TOUGH GREEN, both up in class as last start winners, look the best of them.
|Selections||(7) Ssonsal (1) Yeonggwanguiforce (12) Yeongseongfighting (8) Tough Green|
|Next Best||4, 11|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 4, 12|
Race 11: Class 2 (1800M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
(8) STAR ROAD has won four races in a row, including last start when he beat a field that included four of his rivals here, over class and distance. He tends to come from off the pace, so he may need a bit of luck, but it would be no surprise if he took his winning streak to five here. (2) TOHAM ACE is on an even better run, having taken-out all his last five starts, beating three of these when winning on August 3rd. He carries more weight today, but another win can’t be ruled out. (1) FINAL ENERGY makes a quick turnaround following an excellent 5th to Blue Chipper in the Korea Sprint two weeks ago and is likely to be a big factor from off the pace here. (3) I’M YOUR MOTHER and (6) BRAVE KINGDOM are others who are very capable.
|Selections||(8) Star Road (2) Toham Ace (1) Final Energy (6) Brave Kingdom|
|Next Best||3, 7|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 9, 10|