KOREA: Seoul Racecourse – Saturday June 29, 2019
Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance (2yo only) / KRW 75 Million
Twelve juvenile first-time starters to open the card. (3) DALRINEUN BITKKAL beat a couple of these in trials and while the fast time was assisted by a wet track, looks to be one of the prime contenders here. He wasn’t quick away in his heat but was quickly up with the leaders and can do the same here. (1) CHOIN GANGJA was an eye-catching winner of his heat, leasing all the way to cross the line five-lengths in front of anything else on a slow-running track. He can work his way to the front on the inside here and should be dangerous. (4) P.K. HILL also put in a decent showing running a competent 3rd en-route to qualification. (5) BODY STAR and (8) LUCKY SANGUN others to take note of coming out of trials. As ever with these type of races, watch the local market for clues.
|Selections||(1) Choin Gangja (3) Dalrineun Bitkkal (8) Lucky Sangun (4) P.K. Hill|
|Next Best||5, 10|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 7, 10|
Race 2: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
Competitive maiden for three-year-olds and under with precisely half the field racing for the very first time. Of those with experience, (5) WINNER MOUNTAIN has appeared twice before and showed significant improvement in the latest of those, running on well for 3rd over 1000M. The extra furlong today can suit and with a bit more progress, he can win this. (11) SINGSING JANGSU too got better on his second outing at the end of May. He overcame a rough and tumble start to make it up into 2nd place and is another who may appreciate the additional trip. (6) BISAYEON has raced just the once and looked competent when 3rd over 1000M on May 25th. He was on pace that day and should be again here with plenty of scope to stay on. Among the first-timers, both (7) DU DUNG E and the juvenile (1) STRETTO caught the eye when winning trials and both should be competitive first-up here.
|Selections||(5) Winner Mountain (1) Stretto (6) Bisayeon (7) Du Dung E|
|Next Best||11, 12|
|Fast Start||1, 6, 7, 12|
Race 3: Class 4 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
Eight imported maidens go around with a decent prize on the line here. (1) DAEBAK HAENGJIN comes in off the back of three consecutive runner-up finishes. All three times, he’s been reasonably well beaten, most recently as favourite. He comes from off the pace and has had a tendency to leave himself just a little bit too much to do. If he can find a decent spot here, this could be his day. (5) MUNHAK WINNER is also an accomplished runner-up having finishes 2nd in two of his three races to date. He beat a couple of these last time and is likely to be on pace here with solid claims. Continuing the theme of near-misses, (6) BAREM was 2nd on debut back in April and she returns after ten weeks off also looking to be in the hunt. (2) PRETTY ODD BOY ran a good 3rd in a decent race at this distance on June 1st and has Alan Munro aboard today. (7) CHEMI BLUE looks best of the rest.
|Selections||(5) Munhak Winner (1) Daebak Haengjin (2) Pretty Odd Boy (6) Barem|
|Next Best||7, 4|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 5|
Race 4: Class 6 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(10) CHOEGANG MAGIC was a significantly improved 2nd over 1300M three weeks ago. The extra trip today looks like it should suit and while being drawn widest at this distance is never ideal due to the short run to the first turn, he looks ready to win. (2) MACH CHEONHA is another one who steps up to racing around two turns for the first time. She was a front-running 2nd at 1300M last start and will be expected to set the pace here. (9) RAON STELLA is likely to be seen at the front of the field early on too. He’s already got a 3rd place to his name over this distance and can go close today. (5) SPECIAL BIRD and (8) CHEONSE MANSE are others in the hunt.
|Selections||(10) Choegang Magic (2) Mach Cheonha (9) Raon Stella (8) Cheonse Manse|
|Next Best||5, 4|
|Fast Start||2, 7, 9|
Race 5: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(5) MYEONGWANG led all the way to win by four-lengths on debut on May 4th. He’s up in both class and distance today but there looks to be much more in the tank and he can win again. (7) QUEEN FORCE ONE and (1) CAMP BADA came home 3rd and 4th with half a length between them in a tight finish over 1000M on June 2nd. Both can be competitive today. (6) ROYAL SHALOM ran 2nd on her first start at this level on May 5th and should join Myeongwang on pace with her stamina being the only question. (4) GEUMBIT YEOLJEONG’s jockey got a telling off by Stewards after his last run two weeks ago. It was the filly’s first time up in both class and distance though and she can be expected to go better today.
|Selections||(5) Myeongwang (6) Royal Shalom (7) Queen Force One (1) Camp Bada|
|Next Best||4, 2|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 5, 10|
Race 6: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(3) JEONGMUN SAI got his maiden win at the third time of asking on May 19th. It had been coming too with a 3rd and a 2nd leading up to it. He is up in class and distance today but the manner of that win suggests there is more to come. He’s well drawn to get to the lead from the gate. He’ll be joined up top early by (6) HAWK HAENGJINGOK, a winner on debut over 1000M and then 2nd on his first try at this class in May. Although well beaten by a good winner that day, he should have come on for it and can be dangerous here. (1) ROAN PRO SENSE comes in with recent form reading well and is an each-way chance while (2) MYEONGMA JILJU ran a good 2nd last start and a repeat isn’t impossible. (9) SUN QUEEN – lame last start – looks best of the rest.
|Selections||(3) Jeongmun Sai (6) Hawk Haengjingok (1) Raon Pro Sense (2) Myeongma Jilju|
|Next Best||9, 4|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 6, 7|
Race 7: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(5) M.J. ROAD, (1) JEONGSANG ETTEUM and (2) STORMY finished 1st, 2nd and 3rd when they raced each other at class and distance on May 19th with the margins between them being a nose and a head. Their order of finish was the reverse of their order in betting preference and while all three are up slightly in weight today. It would be no surprise if the three of them filled out the place once more. We’ll go with Stormy to overturn that small margin here. As for the rest of the field, (9) FIRSTIGE is up in class after a good win at this distance last month and is very nicely weighted here while (8) ELAN is a class and distance winner already and (7) MENI SMART comes in off the back of a very solid 4th last time.
|Selections||(2) Stormy (5) M.J. Road (1) Jeongsang Etteum (9) Firstige|
|Next Best||8, 7|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 7, 9|
Race 8: Class 3 (1800M) Allowance / KRW 75 Million
(5) BODEURAM and (6) GIDONG DAEJANG are both up in class as they go in search of a hat-trick of wins here. They have contrasting styles with Bodeuram a front-runner while Gidong Daejang comes from behind but both should be competitive here with Bodeuram the more favoured of the pair, especially as Gidong Daejang is racing for the first time since the end of March. On that day in March, (4) JEWANGUI BYEOL ran 2nd to Gidong Daejang. He followed it up with a win and then ran 4th at this class and distance at the end of May. He’ll be a real danger here. (1) GRAND DOLPUNG and (2) DEOBUREO SOOP came home 4th and 5th when they raced each other on May 25th at class and distance and both can aim for places today.
|Selections||(5) Bodeuram (4) Jewangui Byeol (2) Deobureo Soop (1) Grand Dolpung|
|Next Best||6, 8|
|Fast Start||1, 5, 10|
Race 9: Class 2 (1800M) Allowance / KRW 90 Million
(3) RAPIDOCUS won three in a row between January and April, moving rapidly up the classes in the process. He ran 3rd on his first try at this class on May 18th and today steps up to two-turns for the first time with solid claims to return to the winner’s circle. (2) BANYA DONGHAENG ran a really good 3rd over 2000M last month, coming from well off the pace under a sensible ride by Jo Sang-Beom. They’ll go back again today and while there’s a furlong less to play with, should be in the hunt at the business end again. (6) WONDERFUL CHAMPION was 6th that day having weakened slightly late on and should be happier back at 1800M – he’ll join Rapidocus on the early speed. (1) DAE JYUSIN and (4) MEGALIOS are others to take into consideration.
|Selections||(3) Rapidocus (6) Wonderful Champion (2) Banya Donghaeng (4) Megalios|
|Next Best||1, 5|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 6|
Race 10: Class 3 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(3) DAEGUNUI CHANG has finished runner-up in both his starts at this class since getting his maiden win in March. He missed out by a neck last time having led for much of the way and can get it right this time. (9) CHEUNGDAM GENIE ran out an impressive, if slightly unexpected, four-length winner over 1400M at this class on May 19th. He carries an additional 4.5kg today but looks to have some promise and a repeat can’t be ruled out. (1) TAP FASHIONED comes in with recent form reading very well and he looks good for a place. (5) GAON QUEEN and (10) MALIBU GINGER are others who should go well in this company.
|Selections||(3) Daegunui Chang (9) Cheungdam Genie (10) Malibu Ginger (1) Tap Fashioned|
|Next Best||5, 2|
|Fast Start||3, 5, 10, 11|