KOREA: Seoul Racecourse – Saturday July 6, 2019
Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
A modest maiden to begin with. A couple have shown promise so far and (6) SINBU has as good a chance as any of making his breakthrough. He has disappointed punters before but if he can get to the lead, this could be his day. (4) NEOSEONG BYOKROK comes in off two 3rd places and a 4th from his latest three outings and he too should be there or thereabout. An apprentice jockey takes off some weight today and that could make the difference. (11) RAON JOY was a much improved 3rd last start and can build on that despite today’s draw not being ideal. (10) RED SUN is a half-brother to the very good Royal Ruby and didn’t do too much wrong on debut over 1200M a month ago. (8) STUNNING AGAIN looks best of the rest.
|Selections||(4) Neoseong Byokrok (6) Sinbu (10) Red Sun (11) Raon Joy|
|Next Best||8, 2|
|Fast Start||1, 5, 6, 10|
Race 2: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
Another maiden with not a whole lot of depth. (4) VALLEY QUEEN was away well last time and while she ended up in 3rd place, showed enough to suggest she has a win in her. She’s well drawn to lead again and if she does, she can go all the way this time. (9) SILVER DRAGON reacted badly to a bump coming out of the gate on debut back at the end of April. Top jockey Kim Yong-geun stays aboard for her return and improvement looks possible today. (3) KOREA DAEJANGBU has been knocking on the door of the places across six attempts so far. He was slow away last start so if he fixes that he should be looking at a best finish to date today. (12) KINGLY struggled over 1200M last start but could be better back at the minimum today. (2) JEONGDONG SARANG looks best of the rest.
|Selections||(4) Valley Queen (9) Silver Dragon (3) Korea Daejangbu (12) Kingly|
|Next Best||2, 6|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 12|
Race 3: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
A small field of maidens tackling the 1300M. It’s been a challenging couple of months for Simon Foster but a winner last week suggests some light at the end of the tunnel and (5) COILRO can make it a bit brighter with victory here. He got a heavy bump at the start last time when he finished 4th, but with a clean start today and with Alan Munro piloting, he has a big chance. The main danger is (2) COMPLETE MOTION. He was 3rd – albeit well beaten by a very good winner who’s already gone on to score at a higher level – last start at this distance and can build on that here. (8) TOUR DIA improved to a career-best 3rd last start and can continue to progress here under an in-form apprentice jockey. (6) DAEGIRI, up in trip for the first time, looks best of the rest.
|Selections||(5) Coilro (2) Complete Motion (8) Tour Dia (6) Daegiri|
Race 4: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(2) FLYING BULLET made all to comfortably get her maiden win over this distance last start. She’s up in class today but well drawn to get to the front early once more and under a very light weight, has strong claims to repeat. (6) CRAZY Q was a more surprising maiden winner on her latest outing and perhaps has a bit more to find but can still be competitive. (1) BANJIUI HAMSEONG had a poor day at the office last start but was in decent form prior to that and is worth another go today. (7) NAEGA KKEUTPANWANG and (3) HUIMANG STAR came home 3rd and 4th respectively with just half a length between them when they raced each other at class and distance on June 8th and both should be aiming for the places here. (5) WINT SEVEN ran a promising 5th last time out at 1200M, with the margins narrow. He ran on strongly and the extra half furlong today can be in his favour.
|Selections||(2) Flying Bullet (3) Huimang Star (1) Banjiui Hamseong (5) Wint Seven|
|Next Best||7, 6|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 4|
Race 5: Class 5 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(8) ROLLER BLADE won the first juvenile race of the year three weeks ago in style. For his second assignment, he is up in class, distance and is taking on older horses already. But the manner of his victory suggest he will be able to take all three in his stride and win again against a less than intimidating set of rivals. (7) PRIME QUEEN only managed 7th on her first try at class and distance on June 2nd but the margins weren’t huge and she can get closer today. (1) THANK YOU MOTHER should be on pace from the inside gate and can go close. (6) KAHINAH and (9) DURI are others in the placing hunt.
|Selections||(8) Roller Blade (7) Prime Queen (9) Duri (6) Kahinah|
|Next Best||1, 3|
|Fast Start||1, 6, 8|
Race 6: Class 4 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(2) DOKDO YA came up short in 2nd when sent up to 1700M for his first try at this class at the end of May. He steps back in trip today and although he’s carrying more weight, looks hard to beat. (1) CHODONG BOBAE has moved rapidly up the classes with a pair of wins in April and June. She stretches out to 1300M for the first time but there’s nothing in her running style to suggest it won’t suit and she can go well again here. (9) MONEY ZIF comes in off the back of two creditable performances at this level and has placing claims here while (6) ROYALPRINCE and (8) GEUP HAENG MA are others who can be considered for the minor money.
|Selections||(2) Dokdo Ya (1) Chodong Bobae (9) Money Zif (6) Royal Prince|
|Next Best||8, 4|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 5, 8|
Race 7: Class 4 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(11) TOP BRAIN had come consistently close before finally getting his maiden win at this distance on May 18th. He only carries an additional 2kg today and even gets another crack at the same class so he has every chance of following up. (7) MOONHAK ARCH was beaten nine-lengths by an excellent winner last start but recorded his best finish to date in the process. He can get closer today. (8) NASCAUI BYEOL is better than his latest two outings suggest and could can improve here while (5) QUANTUM JUMP is dropped back in trip and should be more comfortable today. There is one solitary debut-maker Graydar colt (4) INCHEON CAPTAIN trialed up in a decent time alongside experienced racehorses in May and in such company must be given a chance of picking up a debut cheque.
|Selections||(11) Top Brain (7) Moonhak Arch (5) Quantum Jump (4) Incheon Captain|
|Next Best||8, 9|
|Fast Start||2, 5, 10, 11|
Race 8: Class 4 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(4) K.N ACE has a 3rd and a 2nd from her latest two, both times beaten by pretty useful types and while she carries more today than she has done in any of her previous efforts, she looks nicely in for a maiden score. (6) GEUMSEONG YEOWANG achieved precisely that on what was her twelfth attempt three weeks ago. This is stiffer but a repeat isn’t impossible. (3) FASHION PLAYER and (5) MY SISTER NINA were both slightly disappointing last start but both are down in trip today and can improve. (1) ECHO FIRST ON returns to action for the first time since January and looked pleasingly sharp in a trial in early June.
|Selections||(4) K.N Ace (6) Geumseong Yeowang (1) Echo First On (5) My Sister Nina|
|Next Best||3, 9|
|Fast Start||3, 6|
Race 9: Class 3 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
Really good race this. (5) RED BLADE took a while to figure things out but he’s sped up the classes with two runner-up finishes followed by two wins in his most recent four starts. (6) GLOBAL QUEEN has led almost every race she’s been in and looks sure to do the same here form a perfect draw. She’s won at class and distance but one or two will probably get by her today. In addition to Red Blade, one of those could be (1) HYEONMU, surprisingly beaten by (2) KWAEHAN YEBONGSAN last start. That latter horse must be respected too but it’s going to be much harder for her to lead all the way today. (4) GYORYONG UNU is up in class after his third win in eight starts. He has loads of talent with the only question marks being that all of his wins so far have been at 1000M and that he races for the first time since late March. Under a nice light weight, the up in class (8) NIMUI HYANGGI is the wildcard.
|Selections||(5) Red Blade (6) Global Queen (4) Gyoryong Unu (1) Hyeonmu|
|Next Best||8, 3|
|Fast Start||2, 6, 8, 11|
Race 10: Class 3 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(8) MUNHAK ARIARI produced a gutsy performance to win by a neck at class and distance on June 1st. He carries an additional 3.5kg here in similar strength company but he looks to still have more improvement in him and he can win again. (6) PUREUN MAE ran 4th in that race, less than two-lengths behind the winner and can be a threat again here, likely coming from off the pace. (4) SOL PARANG ran 2nd to a somewhat surprising winner at this distance on June 9th. An apprentice takes a bit more weight off today and another place finish can be her goal. (2) EONEU MEOTJIN NAL and (5) FLYING BOSS both come in off the back of encouraging runs and should be involved.
|Selections||(8) Munhak Ariari (4) Sol Parang (5) Flying Boss (2) Eoneu Meotjin Nal|
|Next Best||6, 7|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 5, 7|